Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And now I'm not the same,

We sit up, texting back and forth until nearly eleven. The whole time I'm smiling, and part of that time you're asking about my ex-girlfriend. You ask if we kissed (yes), how far did we go (not very), and other questions I answer happily. Are you thinking about this for a reason? Butterflies fill my stomach as I remember earlier today you saying you care about me.
It doesn't matter that I have not even a shot. What matters is that you make me feel like it's okay if I eat. It doesn't matter, when I'm talking to you, smile on my face, that ex's glare hopelessly.
Laying on my bed, I try to trace back to when I first started loving you. There is no beginning that I can find, so it must have started when we met. Smiling, I realize that it makes sense. That's why I bothered you until you gave in and played with me nine years ago. I loved you even then.



From Alex:
Another love story. Can't believe how many I'm writing.
And there's one comment I wanna say something to, even though I told myself I wouldn't. Caffeine and cutting send me to cloud nine. Until I start crashing. Then I'm lower than dirt. It drives me nuts.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story. I sometimes wonder if I fall in love with people the first time we meet. I always thought love at first sight was silly and girly...but then I wonder, is it? Or is there something inside two people that draws them together?

    ReplyDelete