Monday, May 16, 2011

Coffee On A Ride Home


Even though it's coffee, she beats her up over the creamer she used. What is that? Twenty-five calories? Wasted. Still, she grins, laughs, and acts like she's ok. Soon, the buzz will slam into her. When it does, she's on cloud nine. Her body begs for food, for substance. Panic weasels its way into her mind.
I'm gonna end up binging. That thought alone is enough to make her almost close up completely. She calms herself, even if it is hard. The pain in her stomach is almost crippling. Still, she doesn't down every last thing in the bag she got as a snack. Pouring in on the bed sends her mind into a fit of calculations...Tossing away most of the food sends a feeling of pride. Still, eating half a serving of that fattening food makes the pride diminish.
Sipping on the coffee raises her mood. It has to be the caffeine. Laying on her floor, music playing loudly in her headphones, she giggles. It feels like she owns the world.
Why doesn't everyone feel this way on caffeine? Too much else in the stomach? A giggle passes through her lips again. Her family must think she's gone crazy. On wobbly legs, she walks over to her purse, bends down all proper so her shorts still cover her bottom, and pulls out the razor. The cool metal feels good against her warm flesh...until it bites in and causes red blood to pour out. Falling from her knees to the floor, she giggles. It's bliss. That's all that it is.

Notes from Alex:
Sooo, part of this is how I felt on the way home. I did not cut, just so you know, but that's usually what I used to do when I in the middle of a caffeine buzz. I think this turned out rather entertaining and I had fun typing it.

3 comments:

  1. Haha that made me want a coffee :P will have one in the morning :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this way on caffeine too. It must be that other people have too much in their stomach. GIve me coffee and a cigarette...I think i might float away~~~ You are a beautiful writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caffein and pain both give you a wonderful high don't they? Same with cigarettes it's like blissful dizziness <3 keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete